Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #2: The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan

*Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted Breaking the Spine.

The Sword of Summer
Published:October 6th 2015
Publisher:Disney Hyperion Books


Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . . - Goodreads Summary

I was a massive fan of Riordan's Percy Jackson series and so I was very excited when I heard about this series, which he had hinted about a year or two ago. I don't know too much about Norse mythology, but I'm sure this will be a fun and entertaining start to a brand new series.

8 comments:

  1. New follower via bloglovin. This one sounds really good. I really like that he is tackling the Norse Gods. I hope you love it when it releases.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And so am I, since it's more unexplored compared to the more common Greek or Roman mythology books that I see a lot

      Delete
  2. I feel like bit of a fraud saying I love Rick Riordan's books when I've only read the Percy Jackson series.... but they were amazing!! I'm not sure about reading the spin-off series from PJ but I will try and keep an eye out for this when it releases :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by earlier!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I have to say I haven't finished his other series, since Percy Jackson is still my utter favorite, but I'm really excited for this one because of the Norse mythology bent :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this series, but I liked his other books. I'll have to add this to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this turns out to be a good one and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for this one as well. I loved the first Percy Jackson series, but haven't really gotten into the next ones. Hoping this will be good as well! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anything will surpass my love for Percy and the first series, but I'm hoping this one brings some new characters to love! And you're welcome!

      Delete